Pumpkin Knot Bag a must sew for Halloween
To make this gorgeous Halloween Pumpkin Bag
You will need:
SEAM ALLOWANCE ¼ inch…..Use the side of the machine foot as a guide.
1. Cut out the two paper templates, you will need tape the bag together- match the edge of the paper to the match dotted line indicated. Cut your fabric, you will need 4 green stalks and 4 orange pumpkins.
2. Attach the stalk pieces to the pumpkins as indicated. NOTE you will need mirror images.
3. Choose your pumpkin face, cut from black felt and position onto one of the bag sides. Attach using a zigzag stitch.
4. Pin two pieces together, right sides facing. Repeat with the other pieces. Using 1/4-inch seam allowance (use the side of the foot s a guide), sew along the top of each handle and along the bottom curve of each pinned piece between the lines indicated on the pattern.
5. Fold in the raw edges of all the outside edges of the open handles and press.
6. Turn one right side out, and insert the other it to it. Check that the right sides of the bags are facing each other. Line up seams, raw edges, and handles.
Pin the inside edges of the bag together and sew with a 1/4-inch seam.
Use pinking shears to notch the seam allowance.
7. Turn the entire bag right side out (pumpkin face on the outside). Press all seams.
8. Topstitch the handles where open, this can be difficult so take your time. If you really struggle hand stitch. Finally, topstitch the top of the bag to finish.
Why not try a cat…..just use black fabric and bright green eyes!
I’d LOVE to see your projects…please share here: https://www.facebook.com/FrillandFlounce/
This Tutorial was based on the one found here: Reversible Bag
Happy SEWING people